Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Tabi of My Heart

Tabi was my first pet. She had been with me since I was three years old. She was my best friend, my confidant, my little baby girl. For the past few years she was slowly declining in health. I tried to ignore it but it was a fact. One morning she came out from under the small table the TV stood on, and stumbled. I looked at her to see what happened, her back leg had given out on her, it no longer was working. I had turned to my mom with tears in my eyes, I knew in my heart she was dying. I told her it was time, she thought I was talking about the baby, but then she understood and hugged me. So my mom called up the vet to see about getting in to put her down humanely, but he didn't have anything till the next morning. So all day I sat with her and watched as little by little her body shut down. Late in the night around 3 in the morning she passed on.  She had the most beautiful markings, and the prettiest deep green eyes. I miss her every day.

This was taken a day before she passed. She had fallen asleep after eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment