Sunday, November 16, 2014

Labor, Drugs, and Good Music

The contractions were getting harder, and closer together. So they came in and gave me the IV drugs. They made me a little loopy, all I remember of the time I was drugged was asking why a camel would want giraffe spots, and that they wouldn't look good with them. Though I was informed after that my mom and husband had asked me some questions while I was under, and had admitted that yellow was my favorite color. Though everyone who knows me can tell you my favorite color is purple.

As the drugs started to be over come by the contraction pain, I felt the need to push. When I did my water broke, according to my mom it was like an all of the sudden gush of fluid. The nurses then moved me to the delivery room.

They came in and gave me the epidural. I hadn't made a noise yet and the doctor that stuck the needle in my back commented on it. He wondered "So is that how she deals with pain she just phases out?" and my mom over hearing him answered "Yes, that's exactly what she does."

The baby hadn't dropped as far as my doctor would have liked, so he had me lay on my side for 15 minuets and then on the other side before he had me push. As I pushed Dr. Oland commented that we should have some kind of music to listen to. So I had Shane grab my phone which I had downloaded some of my music on to, and put on some music. Everyone was surprised when "Lean Back" by Fat Joe came on. Oland said that he was expecting county not rap.

So about 3 contractions later my baby was born. They put her on me and I fell in love.

She was 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 inches long.



Right out of the womb and she already knows how to do the pouty lip.


 


 

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the second to last picture, with both you and shane gazing at your baby. so so so sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete